Thursday, July 30, 2009

Week 5, Thing #12

I rolled my own search called RGV News, but I did not see any address to link to it. I can go to the main site and search Rio Grande Valley, and my search engine will pop up with my username on it. I can go to my dashboard and it shows it under "Search Engines you created". Where was I supposed to be able to view the URL?


By the way when I clicked on the Free Photos link it took me to this message:

Hmm.
The link you came here on appears to be from a 'link spammer' trying to promote their site through Rollyo. These links are a nuisance to the community, a nuisance to our site, and ultimately not very nice. If you think you are getting this page in error, drop us a line and we'll try to get to the bottom of it.
Please note: When this spamming and related searching is deemed to be illegal, Rollyo will not hesitate to disclose information to authorities, including but not limited to the FBI and Interpol, if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to enforce or apply our policies or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Rollyo, our users, our employees, or the public. Please see our privacy policy for more information on the limited circumstances under which we may disclose your personal information.

1 comment:

  1. The pattern is http://rollyo.com/username. Replace username with your own username.

    ReplyDelete